Below are the terms and conditions for using the man-and-van-london.biz service
Any bookings shall be covered by these terms and conditions.
Please read through this document prior to booking –
Terms and Conditions
Here at man-and-van-london.biz we aim to offer a friendly and flexible service. We do however have this set or terms and conditions in place.
By making a booking with man-and-van-london.biz you are agreeing to the following–
• We prefer to receive our enquiries by email, as this gives everyone involved a written copy of what is required. All phone quotes will be based on the details given over the phone and based on the details we take from you. Our record of conversations shall be final.
• Please provide all the details required by our online quote form
• The details provided by the customer make up the basis of the quotes
• All quotes are based on the details provided by the customer. Any additional items to be moved are at the driver’s discretion and maybe subject to charges.
• Any un described access or parking issues are also open to additional charges.
• Customers may book our services via email, text or phone. We will require full addresses and contact details to reserve a time and date.
• Provisional bookings are accepted but will only be held on our good will. Should a confirmed booking be requested by another customer then this may be accepted
• We may request a deposit for your booking and this will be required in cleared funds to confirm your booking
• You will be required to provide details of the parking situation at all locations
• Please take into account the size of the vehicle you will be booking and make us aware of all access issues including height, width and weight limits around your property
• Any delays or charges incurred due to un described parking regulations or restrictions will be chargeable to the customer.
• Parking will be required on the same side of the road as the property. If this is not the case then we need to be informed. Any unexpected loading and unloading that requires crossing roads will be based on the discretion of the driver and must comply with our health and safety policy.
• Any problems with access to properties shall be described prior to a quote being provided
• Any delays caused by un described access issues may be chargeable
White Goods and built in Appliances
• All white goods shall be disconnected from water and electric supply prior to our arrival
• Fridges and freezers shall be defrosted and emptied
• Built in appliances must be unscrewed and disconnected
Furniture access issues
• If items of furniture have been built in situ then it will be expected unless otherwise discussed that these items will be dismantled prior to our arrival
• If any doors or windows etc need removing then this shall be done prior to our arrival
• All items will be removed from chests of draws, wardrobes, cabinets, filing cabinets etc unless otherwise stated.
• Any items that require dismantling will be done so at the drivers discretion and may be chargeable
• Unless previously agreed prices will be based upon there being direct access to all items that require moving. Should it be necessary to move other items to gain access the this may incur extra charges
• We shall confirm booking date and times when the booking is placed
• We will make all efforts to arrive with you on time.
• We cannot be held liable for any delays caused by traffic or weather conditions
• If booking a slot after we will have completed another job your will be provided with an estimated arrival time. We will endeavour to meet this timing but should we be delayed we will call with an updated arrival time. We cannot be held responsible for delays caused by previous customers
• The vehicles we use all have specific weight limits. It is extremely important that you provide us with an accurate itinerary of what you require moving so we can calculate the weights.
• Any additional items will be loaded at the driver’s discretion.
• We require no boxes to weigh any more that 25kg if you have booked 2 men and 15kg if booking one man
• Unless you have explained any delays when requesting a quote there will be no allowance for waiting times at any of the properties.
• By waiting time we mean time spent where loading or unloading cannot take place.
• We may allow 15 minutes good will throughout a job but any time after that will be charged at £25 per hour per man. Or if we have a commitment we may have to leave your job.
• Please let us know of any possible delays when requesting a quote and we can build this into the quote
• Unless you book for a time period eg ½ day then you are booking to move the listed items and nothing more. Any extras will be chargeable or if time does not permit then refused
• Waiting time will include time waiting for keys or money transfers when purchasing a property that causes a delay to our work
• We are unable due to health and safety risks to enter any lofts unless they are accessed through a fixed flight of stairs, are fully boarded and lit.
• Any basements will need to be fully lit and have clear and safe access
• All access will be at the drivers discretion
• It will be the customers responsibility to arrange suitable floor coverings especially important during jobs carried out in wet or muddy conditions
Delays / traffic
• Any delays caused by unexpected traffic will not affect the quote supplied but we would expect understanding from the customer for any delay this may cause • We will not be liable for any inconvenience caused due to delays by traffic or weather conditions Weather
• We will make all efforts to get to you on time
• However we must take into account the safety of our staff and vehicles
• Adverse weather conditions including but not exclusively – snow, high winds, floods etc may cause delay or even postponement of your booking. We will keep in contact as soon as any of these events are expected but would also expect for the customer to provide information on any localised adverse weather conditions
• We may request a deposit for your booking
• Your deposit will secure your date and time
• Deposits are no refundable within 15 days of your booking
• Booking cancelled prior to 15 days will be refunded but there maybe be deductions for any banking or processing fees, These will be at the cost price
• Altering your booking once a deposit has been paid will be allowable upto 14days prior to booking as long as we can accommodate your new booking date.
• In the event that we cannot accommodate your new booking time or date then deposit will be non refundable if within the 14 day period
• Any booking cancelled within 48 hours of are arrival time will be subject to a late cancelation fee of 33%
Outdoor and garden furniture
• It will be assumed unless previously informed that all garden and out door furniture will be clean and dry. • Any items that make a mess or get the vehicles wet may be open to a cleaning charge of £25
• If you have items that will make a mess in the van and there will be no time between jobs for cleaning to take place may be refused on the vehicle
• Payment terms can be discussed with business customers
• If no payment terms have been agreed with business customers then payment is due on completion and a deposit maybe
• Payment by all private customers shall be made in cleared funds on completion of the work
• You shall pay any additional charges listed within these terms and conditions at the same time as payment for the works
• Payment may be required at any other time during the job at the drivers discretion
• We have insurance in place to cover loss or damage to your goods casued by us.
• Most home insurance policies offer cover during transit and you must make your insurer aware of your move
• You must supply a valued inventory of goods to be moved and this must be signed by the customer
• What is not covered – food and drink, furs, jewellery, watches, precious metals, stones, deeds, bonds, bills of exchange, promissory notes, money or securities, stamps, manuscripts and other documents
• We take no responsibility for customer packed items or contents of boxes packed by customers
• Loss or damage caused or arising from wear or tear, gradual deterioration , mildew, moth, vermin or any process of cleaning, repairing or restoring
• Mechanical and/or electrical derangement unless caused by external means
• Loss or damage occurring in premises where the goods are stored, warehouses or temporarily housed in the course of transit.
• Any damage should be reported to a member of man-and-van-london.biz staff immediately
Unless otherwise stated we will assume that-
All properties are houses and that they consist of a ground and first floor The items you have provided in your itinerary are full and final Parking is directly outside your property with good clear access for a large van All items are ready to go on our arrival, including appliances un plugged and un wired, All boxes packed and tapped and all furniture disassembled into component parts that make its removal possible and safe. All items are clean There is no waiting time required All small and loose items will be boxed up You have read our terms and conditions
Health and safety
man-and-van-london.biz takes health and safety extremely seriously and we will not carry out any work that puts any member of staff, customers or the public at risk. man-and-van-london.biz has complied with all health and safety regulations and has carried out risk assessments. We require information from customers of any adverse or unusual risks that a job may incur. We have a few basic rules that we require all customers to comply with. More detailed information can be required upon request-
• Please ensure that there is a clear route to and from all rooms and to the parking areas
• There shall be not loose packing materials or boxes or clutter lying around • It is the customers responsibility to provide suitable floor coverings
• Parking shall be as close to the property as possible and on the same side of the road • All rooms and access areas shall be where appropriate well lit
• Boxes shall be or a sturdy construction and well taped. Boxes shall weigh no more that 20kg max
• If working in adverse weather conditions ie snow or ice all routes to and from the van shall be cleared and made safe by the customer
• In extreme weather conditions it may be unsafe to carry out our work or even get to the jobs.